Manchester United clash with Brighton for the second time within the same week, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already said that the Domestic cups represent the best chance for him to win some silverware this season.
The Debate over whether Bruno Fernandes’s last minute winner should be allowed to stand or not had not even been settled that we have another Brighton fixture against Manchester United. Graham Potter may look to ring in a few changes after Adam Lallana hobbled off against Manchester United.
This will also be a crucial week fo Manchester United in the context of their European fortune as well, Expect Fringe players like Jesse Lingard and Dean Henderson to get a runaround. So this swears to be a fascinating encounter between the two Premier League sides especially as the managers face a tough challenge of rotating their squads in order to keep pace with the frantic schedule of the 2020/21 campaign.
- It is a toss up between Matt Ryan and Jason Steele, But with no visible injuries, Matt Ryan should start.
- Yves Bissouma is still suspended and will be replaced by Davy Propper.
- Neil Maupay is expected to keep his place ahead of Aaron Connelly and he will seek redemption after his late penalty gave Manchester United the three points this past Saturday.
- Finally the likes of Dan Burn and Joel Veltman could see a return in the starting XI.
Predicted Starting XI: Matt Ryan, Joel Veltman, Dan Burn, Lewis Dunk, Tariq Lamptey, Paascal Gross, Davy Propper, Alireza Jahanbaksh, Solly March, Neil Maupay, Max Sanders.
- Eric Bailly might be restored in place of Victor Lindelof after yet another toothless performance.
- Van De Beek is in line for his first start after scoring on his debut against Crystal Palace, Scott Mctominay will form the midfield core along with Nemanja Matic.
- This might be a good opportunity for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to try out the striking partnership of Odion Ighalo and Anthony Martial in tandem.
Predicted Starting XI: Dean Henderson, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Harry Maguire, Eric Bailly, Fred, Scott Mctominay, Daniel James, Van De Beek, Anthony Martial, Odion Ighalo.
Match : Brighton vs Manchester United (EFL Cup)
Where : Amex Stadium
When : 30/10/2020 GMT – 19.45
- Whoever leads the line for Manchester United is a shoe in for Anytime Goalscorer. Marcus Rashford – 6/4, Anthony Martial – 7/4, Odion Ighalo – 11/8.
- Draw seems quite a good bet with both teams already tired this early on in the season and might be cautious in a knockout game. Draw Odds – 3/1
- Both teams to score also looks like a given,considering both have a fragile defence. Odds -3/4