Mikel Arteta’s side will come face to face with Jurgen Klopp’s Inevitables for the second time within a week. Both sides expected to make wholesome changes.
When & Where?
Match : Liverpool vs Arsenal ( EFL Cup)
When : 01/10/2020 ( 19.45 BST)
Where : Anfield, Merseyside
- Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Jordan Henderson are still ruled out from injury so Curtis Jones might get his first start to the season,Along with either Fabinho or Naby Keita.
- The back line seems like the area where Liverpool might ring in the changes with James Milner and Neco Williams set to be deployed as wing backs in the absence of Konstantinos Tsimikas.
- Liverpool did make a sluggish start to the season but were quite good in showing their defensive prowess in the other three games, They start the game with one eye on the Thursday night Champions League Draw.
- Jurgen Klopp is expected to deploy a 4-2-3-1 with the Minamino and Xherdan Shaquiri set to start.
- Diogo Jota might also play a part in the game after scoring a goal against Arsenal on his debut.
Predicted Starting XI : Adrian, Virgil Van Dijk, James Milner, Neco Williams, Joe Gomez, Curtis Jones, Diogo Jota, Divock Origi, Fabinho, Takumi Minamino, Xherdan Shaquiri.
- Mikel Arteta might be a tad concerned about their display against Liverpool this past weekend and the defensive frailties shown by Arsenal.
- This fixture might give nightmares to the Arsenal faithful with last year’s fixture ending in a 5-5 draw and Liverpool winning 5-4 on Penalties.
- Alex Runarsson is in line to make his Arsenal debut, with Bernd Leno given a well deserved breather. Up ahead, Dani Ceballos will return to the starting lineup to strengthen the midfield.
- Eddie Nketiah and Joe Willock are also expected to make a comeback into attacking positions.
- Gabriel will be hopeful of being reinstated to his centre-back position, With William Saliba expected to start in place of Tierney.
Predicted Starting XI : Alex Runarsson, Gabriel, William Saliba, Sead Kolasinac, Bukayo Saka, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Joe Willock, Nicolas Pepe, Dany Ceballos, Eddie Nketiah, Reiss Nelson.
- Liverpool to win both halves is a good bet especially with the odds offered. Odds – 2/1
- Over 4.5 Goals is certainly a possibility with the match treated like a sunday league match. Odds – 11/4
- Betting on Liverpool in the penalties is also a good choice, Considering they have Adrian in goal. Liverpool win in Penalties Odds – 6/1
Predictions : Liverpool 3 – 2 Arsenal