Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City will come up against Sean Dyche’s Burnley in the EFL cup round of 16 game at Turf Moor. Manchester City will be looking to bounce back from their defeat to Leicester City in the Premier League.
Current EFL Champions Manchester City will be taking on Burnley in the round of 16 match at Turf Moor and Pep Guardiola has made it quite evident that he now means business, The cityzens come into this match on the back of a humbling 5-2 defeat to the foxes where their soft defensive underbelly was exposed big time.
The statistics make dreary reading, it is the first time in 438 games at the Etihad Stadium that Man City have shipped five goals, and the first time it has happened to any of Pep Guardiola’s teams throughout his 686-game managerial career spanning over three teams and more than 18 Major Trophies. City are looking to become the first side since Bill Shankly’s Liverpool in the early Eighties to win the League cup four years in a row. here’s a look at the nitty grittiest of both the teams.
When & Where?
Match: Manchester City Vs Burnley (EFL Cup)
When: 01/10/2020 00.00
Where: Turf Moor
- Injuries and major missings – Ilkay Gundogan (Positive for Covid), John Stones ( Lack of Fitness), Joao Cancelo (Injury), Bernardo Silva ( Knee Injury).
- Aymeric Laporte will be back in time for his first appearance of the season, After being cleared of the Covid Virus.
- Now that Manchester City are without a recognized Centre Forward(Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus are injured), Liam Delap might get another start, There is also a chance that Ferran Torres might get his start as well.
- Pep is expected to rotate in the goalkeeping position as well, Giving a golden opportunity to Zack Steffen to show what he is made of.
Predicted Starting XI : Kyle Walker, Zack Steffen, Aymeric Laporte, Fernandinho, Rodri, Alexander Zinchenko, Phil Foden, Riyad Mahrez, Ferran Torres, Liam Delap, Kevin De Bruyne.
- Sean Dyche could have a number of players available to him again soon, though, including the defensive Lynchpin James Tarkowski, who continues to be linked with a move away from the club.
- Jay Rodriguez and Robby Brady are also expected to play a role, either from the start or off the bench.
- But Ben Mee, Jack Cork and Gudmundsson will still miss out on the action altogether.
Predicted Starting XI : Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Matthew Lowton, Kevin Long, Charlie Taylor, Ashley Westwood, Phil Baardsley, Chris Wood, Dwight Mcneil, Jay Rodriguez, Robby Brady, Matej Vydra.
- Kevin De Bruyne expected to score anytime during the match. Odds – 7/5
- Manchester City to win Both Halves . Odds – 5/4
- Manchester City to score 4+ Goals. Odds – 10/3
- Manchester City to keep a clean sheet. Odds – 5/4
- Manchester City to win and the match to have over 4.5 Goals. Odds – 7/2