Tottenham Hotspur will meet Chelsea in a mouthwatering clash in the League cup this Tuesday night at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Both the teams will be raring top go after dropping valuable points in the premier league this week.
History that matters
It was not long ago that Jose Mourinho used to turn up in the Blue and White of Chelsea to mentor Frank Lampard, a familiar fiend over the years who has recently turned a foe, If there is one fixture in the EFL with a lot of talking points in this round this has to be it, Mourinho coming up against his former employers, Trying to tame his apprentice once again.
If not for all that razzmatazz, One cant deny that there is a lot of bad blood between these two sides from London. The Hazard Top corner curler to hand the title to Leicester City can never be forgotten, What will also not be forgotten is the Dele Alli dink over Thibaut Courtois to make it 3-1 to Tottenham and a splendid away win for Mauricio Pochettino’s men.
Tactics and Team News
The loss to Newcastle would have left a bitter taste in some of these Tottenham players’s mouth, Conceding a soft penalty, Which until last season would’nt even have been given is a real punch in the gut of sorts. Jose however has already made it quite clear that winning cups takes a backseat as opposed to qualifying for the Champions League. Expect a host of changes to keep players fresh and to assure timely rotation, We might even see the likes of Joe Hart getting the nod, The ex-Premier League winner in line to make his second appearance if selected to start.
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard on the other hand has made it abundantly clear that failure is not an option, especially after splurging out 200 Mn$ in the transfer market. If there is one thing that we have learnt about managers at Chelsea in the Roman Abramovich era it is that they are not given time, You may have won trophies in the past, You might have been a loyal servant to the club for over fifteen years but you won’t last if you don’t show immediate progress, Sharky waters to tread your boat in.
- Spurs might hand starts to new left back Sergio Reguilon and Ryan Sessegnon.
- Steve Bergwijn has finally been declared fit to play and might be an option down the left, Thus giving Heubg-Min Son a well deserved break.
- Harry Winks and Emile Hojberg are also expected to start on the bench with Lo Celso preferred for a start.
Predicted XI : Joe Hart, Eric Dier, Toby Alderwierald, Serge Aurier, Serge Reguilon, Ryan Sessegnon, Eric Lamela, Moussa Sissoko, Giovani Lo Celso, Dele Alli, Steven Bergwijn.
- Let’s start with the very obvious one of Edouard Mendy getting a start in England for the very first time,Along with Ben Chilwell playing his very first game in Chelsea colors.
- Tammy Abraham is most likely to start with Timo Werner still adapting and it will also be a surprise if Hudson-Odoi does’nt start this one.
- Jorginho’s selection will hang in balace after a dismal performance against League Champions Liverpool last week that also included a penalty miss.
Predicted XI : Eduoard Mendy, Ben Chilwell, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori, Cesar Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Ross Barkley, Kai Havertz, Tammy Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Mason mount.
- Both teams to score is an intelligent bet considering both have quite a leaky defence and have conceded in the previous match. Odds – 4/7
- Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud both have good odds in their favour for anytime goalscores.
- Tammy Abraham odds – 1/1 Olivier Giroud Odds – 11/10
- A great outside bet will be for the match to go goalless ie stalemate with Goals Under 0.5 Odds – 18/1
- Overall Winner : Tottenham Odds – 4/6 Draw – 17/5 Chelsea Odds – 2/7